- I don’t do ‘cookie cutter’ programs. Most consultants or ‘coaches’ will offer you the same product, calibrated the same way, used on every ‘client’ they have ever come across. It’s amateurish in the least and mediocrity at best. I learn your business. I understand your market and the context for both that will create an innovation strategy that
pushes pullsdrags you into playing at a higher level.
- I don’t do hourly fees. They’re unethical and the surest sign of an amateur.
- I don’t do band-aids. A lot of clients initially call wanting this or that just to quickly get rid of something painful. However, most of the time “this or that” is not what they need. I dig deeper into the issues and come up with a course of action that doesn’t just fix what’s broken (‘fixing’ things never sticks and doesn’t work long-term) but innovates their business so that the issue ceases to ever need to be fixed again. That’s real success.
- I involve everyone. Every engagement becomes an “all hands on deck’ situation. That includes managers, hourly staff and even guests.
- I return all phone calls within 90 minutes. And if I can’t, I’ll call you to tell you when I will call you back – within 90 minutes.
- I work quickly. This isn’t rocket surgery. I’ve been doing this for over 30 years. People with my level of successful experience should be able to give you answers once they have all the facts.
- I don’t try to reinvent the wheel. Most successful operators already do lot’s of things that are good for them, so I just double down on those and force them to stop doing things that are inhibiting growth. It really is that simple – it’s just not that easy.
- I challenge behavior. I’m not your ‘yes’ man. I’m your ‘yes we can’ man. I will
tellshow you what you need to do differently in order to achieve your business goals – whether you want to hear the truth or not. With me, you have no choice but to listen. I also don’t care if ‘that’s how you’ve always done it’. Anchoring yourself to any single course of action is just plain dumb.
- I think differently. At my core is a focus on creating meaningfully differentiated value for both your guests and your business. I turn things upside down and inside out until I get at the real issues which will drive real outcomes.
- I believe in a deliverable ROI. When you engage me, you are investing in your business and your people. There should always be a measurable return on that investment. You should also know what that will be prior to engaging me. My goal is to deliver a 10x level of value.
Work With Us
10 Things I Do Differently
You Have Two Options:
- Grow your business.
- Make excuses.
Our powerful business programs are about helping you and your business master the fundamentals and create positive,
long-term opportunity. No other program(s) offers more value with the immediate impact or greater ROI than ours.
Books, articles and DVD’s can create awareness, but only Coaching can create the level of impacting and sustainable change necessary to grow your business.
Call Us Toll Free 888-998-8744 or Email Us Here to talk about how we can help you build the best business
About Jeffrey SummersJeffrey Summers - Founder/Principal, Summers Hospitality Group Jeffrey has spent over 30 years in various Marketing, Operations and Business Development roles in corporate and franchise chains as well as independent concepts including: fast food, QSR's, casual full-service, fine-dining, private clubs and banquet facilities, corporate dining and catering businesses. He is widely recognized by his peers as one of the world's leading voices in the Restaurant & Hotel industries, as an expert in restaurant & hotel businesses, Jeffrey now devotes most of his time to helping owners/operators and their organizations both identify and achieve their business objectives using all of the tools at their disposal. More info about Jeffrey. How Can We Help You Build A Better Business?
- How Fun Creates Results - July 9, 2014
- The SHG Event Calendar For 2014 - April 17, 2014
- TOH: Delusional Process Management Syndrome - April 8, 2014
- The Insanity of Losses - April 3, 2014
- Restaurant Marketing: Stop Posting Mediocre Reviews - March 31, 2014
- Where Do Brand-Building Ideas Come From?
- How Fun Creates Results
- PUNISHING FOOD TRUCKS FOR THEIR POPULARITY
- The SHG Event Calendar For 2014
- TOH: Delusional Process Management Syndrome
- The Insanity of Losses
SHG By The Numbers
"For over 33 years I have been fortunate to work with some of the most successful hospitality businesses in the world. I am eager to share what I've learned about hospitality, food, business and the people who make it all happen - every guest, every experience, every day."~ Jeffrey Summers, Founder/Principal Summers Hospitality Group®
Brands We’ve Worked With
"Jeffrey provides a level of professionalism that is a cut above the rest. Because of Jeffrey our members are now better equipped to be competitive and survive these tough economic times.”
~ Gabe Munoz, Director of Sales, Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Greater Kansas City
" We needed a different direction for our employee foodservice operations. Jeffrey was able to work with our operator and create the best concept we could have hoped for - improving employee morale immensely. I have since recommenced him to all of our facility managers." ~ Joe Kincaid, Xerox Corp Foodservice
“Our history with Jeffrey began by hiring him to negotiate a restaurant lease for us, we were so impressed by his knowledge and no-nonsense approach that we hired him to be our consultant which has helped us in too many ways to measure! I would and do recommend Jeffrey to anyone! Except my competition =)” ~ Ted Dorr, Pres. Double D's Pizza
“From the first day Jeffrey came into my restaurant(s), he has redefined the levels of passion and drive for both my staff and my operation. He has positively affected all aspects of our business, from the dish stand to the front door." ~ Eric Metcalfe, Regional Manager, Garfield's Pubs
“Jeffrey’s presentations seemed so in-your-face, but he truly said things we all needed to hear. His brave attitude that any person with the right determination, dedication and will to change what doesn’t work, spoke to each and every one of my managers. His presentations opened our eyes and ears and allowed us all to believe that our company not only has the potential to be successful, but already has the staff to lead the way.” ~ Brenda Knorr, Director of Operations, JumBurrito
“Thank you Jeffrey for turning our life around in less than a week! I have attended other events and usually leave them at the end, still feeling like ‘What?’ But after your workshop, I’ve been tied to the hip with social (business opportunities). I was so thrilled to be able to walk away with a strategy mapped out with realistic goals and revenue generating ideas for my brand. To launch a (new) brand takes a lot of work and no one wants to make too many mistakes. We owe our success to you!” ~ Sherry Bonner Smith, Manager Digital Brand Marketing at Hilton Worldwide
“Jeffrey has an exceptional talent to cut clearly through the issues that impact business today. His communication, recommendations, and direction are clear and focused on resolving and improving the situation at hand. I highly recommend Jeffrey.” ~ Andy Swingley, VP Operations, Max & Erma's Restaurants
Next SHG Workshop Is In..
2014 SHG Workshop Schedule
Sept 15th & 16th Menu Engineering Worksop
Oct 20th & 21st Restaurant Marketing Workshop
VENUE: All SHG Events Are Held At The Residence Inn By Marriott in Fort Worth, Texas. Reservations and information can be obtained by clicking on their sponsor links above.