The SHG Lexicon
- GEM – Guest Experience Management. The process of engaging, measuring, analyzing and creating the best guest experience.
- ORM – Online Reputation Management. The process of facilitating and managing your brand mentions online. Also referred to as Social Media Monitoring (SMM). We believe this process is critical to your brand’s ability to engage your guests and their experiences, through their online conversations, to the point of creating and encouraging positive word-of-mouth.
- UEP – Unique Experience Proposition. The hospitality equivalent of marketing’s Unique Sales Proposition (USP). The idea that your ability to differentiate yourself successfully from your competition is based on the totality of the non-replicatable uniqueness of the experience you offer. In our business, it’s all about the experience, not the sale.
- VoG – Voice-of-the-Guest/VoE – Voice-of-the-Employee. A Guest/Employee experience measurement program that goes beyond the normal guest feedback model. A VoG program drills deeper into guest responses and feedback from their experiences with your brand then gives you a measure of your current brand’s ability to create and sustain real, organic guest loyalty.
- WII-FM. What’s In It For Me. The question everyone asks when you outline any change effort.