What if we train our people and they leave?” “What if we don’t and they stay?”
Train up or fall behind: that is the reality of the marketplace today. If you don’t find a way for you and your business to keep abreast of the latest skills, best practices, processes, technologies and market insights, you will quickly start to find yourselves at a disadvantage: missed business opportunities, outdated thinking, stale experiences, stalled growth and so on.
With a healthy dose of discipline and some diligence, anyone can stay current and ahead of the market, but doing it on your own takes a lot of work, a lot of time, and a lot of sifting through incomplete information and dubious market data. You have a business to run, you are responsible for delivering results, and your calendar is already full. What to do? Simple: hire someone with extensive hands-on knowledge of the topics and skills that you and your team need help with to deliver fast and effective training.
SHG has trained thousands of professionals, from C-level executives to hourly employees, and is one of the most sought-after hospitality business trainers in the industry.
The ongoing training and coaching programs and processes offered by most operators we have worked with around the world, were found to be either extremely weak or non-existent. So based on that need, we have created HospitalityCamp™ & RestaurantCamp™ to help provide business operators with an ongoing coaching and training solution. This will help you raise the performance levels of your team and thus their ability to lead and manage the business to higher levels of success.
These training and coaching programs are designed specifically for regional/multi-unit managers, unit managers or staff. Each program can be brought to your location or you can send your team to ours. Making it both flexible and cost-effective.
Training services range from one-on-one executive level sessions to 1/3/5 day training events, and can be tailored to meet the specific requirements of your organization at your location or ours.
Flexibility and adaptability are teaching assets: depending on your internal culture, the training format can range from an informal, open discussion work group to a master-class style setting followed by an internal certification program. However, if you don’t see what you need or want, just call us and we can design and execute a program built to address your specific needs, to be delivered by us at your site. No other company or offering makes it this easy to provide your team or staff, affordable and powerfully effective training and coaching solutions.
Follow-Up: All programs also include 3 months of ongoing Coaching for all participants which begins immediately after the initial program is completed. This is one of the most powerful features of our program design and creates immediate and long-lasting impact in your business as well as in the lives of your employees.
A current list of the most requested operational training topics include:
It’s simple: Sales generate hotel revenue. But if you’re like many owners and GMs, you may not invest the time, or are not sure how, to proactively evaluate and manage sales skills on a regular basis. Complacent sales efforts result in gradual revenue loss that can be difficult to recapture.
Overcome over-saturation and intense competition with effective sales management that produces continuous revenue streams for your hotel. We specialize in:
- Analyzing the hotel’s current mix of business and assisting the sales team to identify the most profitable guests for your hotel
- Evaluating sales and negotiation skills across the entire sales process
- Ensuring that the sales team is aggressively targeting the right customers and continually identifying new pieces of business
- Training the sales team to identify key decision makers and move the sales process forward.
Not too long ago marketing was based on newspaper and print ads, phone book listings and television commercials. Today, people increasingly want more information and faster. They go straight to the Internet from desktops, lap tops and mobile devices. Social media is not a fad. It is a shift in the way we communicate with each other both personally and professionally.
We can help you develop a customized social media strategy that will:
- Engage, develop and grow relationships with your current and potential guests which will lead to increased market share, customer loyalty and increased revenues
- Navigate the social media platforms: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
- Create brand and property awareness
- Allow for best service recovery and guest retention, and
- Help your recruiting and employee retention efforts
The trick to achieving maximum profitability is to obtain a greater share of the business that is out there. By focusing on the right mix for sales growth (transient, group, locally negotiated, contract, extended stay, etc.), your hotel can emerge as the leader in your market.
After identifying and analyzing your current base of business, we’ll teach your sales team to:
- Find new business and make creative sales calls that will help procure and solidify long-term business
- Examine your hotel’s rate structure and unique selling features so that your sales team can promote your hotel’s competitive advantages and identify ways to overcome common objections
- Analyze your hotel’s competitive set to uncover their rate structure, customer base, strengths and weaknesses-then show how to outsell them
Frequently, hotels commit their limited marketing budget to initiatives that don’t generate the necessary, or deserved, return on the investment. An extensive review of your hotel’s marketing plan will give your property an immediate competitive advantage.
We will train your managers to utilize more in-depth analysis of your marketing efforts that will allow you to positively impact your bottom line.
- Evaluate your current mix of collateral, sales agreements, advertisements and promotional material to make sure you’re putting the most dollars behind what is most effective
- Analyze your public relations initiatives to help maximize visibility through media coverage
- Determine how to effectively navigate through intermediaries and Internet marketing strategies, including web 2.0
- Pre-Opening Sales Strategies
- Revenue Management
- Feasibility Studies
- Event Management
- Culture & Staff Leadership
- ..and more.
FOHCamp™ offers some the most intense and effective Hospitality Programs available anywhere in the world. Most come with your choice of either a Coaching or Consulting option. This gives you the most flexibility in deciding which option suits your needs most effectively.
FOH Camp™ [Fron-of-the-House] Hospitality Training Programs include:
- FOHCUS™ Training
- Staffing, Training & Retention
- Service and Hospitality
- Management Coaching
- BEV Camp™ Customized Beverage Programs
- Operational Systems Implementation & Cost Controls
- Labor Management
- Much more…
BOHCamp™ offers some the most cutting edge Restaurant & Hospitality Culinary Programs available anywhere in the world. Most come with your choice of either a Coaching or Consulting option. This gives you the most flexibility in deciding which option suits your needs most effectively.
BOH Camp™ [Back-of-the-House] Culinary Programs include:
- Menu Development & Engineering
- Menu Pricing Strategies
- Systems & Procedures
- Inventory Management
- Cost Controls
- Staff Training Programs
- Vendor Relations & Programs
- Product Sourcing and Vendor Negotiations
- BOH Design
- Menu Design
TOHCamp™ Program is the innovative solution you want when you need to give your management team the best tools available so that they can execute at a much higher level than they ever have before.
TOH Camp™ [Top-of-the-House] Management & Leadership Programs include:
- New Startups
- Operations Manuals
- Systems & Procedures
- P&L Audit/Calibration
- Accounting/Restaurant Chart of Accounts Creation
- One-On-One Coaching
- Management Audit
- Retail Sales
- Labor/Scheduling/Cost Controls
- Shift Management Plans
- Scheduling Guidelines
- Manpower Planning Process
- 90-Day Action Plans For Each Manager
- Cost-Control Dashboard
- R&M Schedule
- Much, much more.
BEV Camp™ is the Summers Hospitality Group® Beverage Program for operators who need a complete beverage program from recipes, systems and procedures, to operational planning and support.
The goal is to build a highly profitable beverage program, both alcoholic and/or non-alcoholic, that supports the business goals and objectives of the brand.
It includes everything that we determine needs to be in place in order to achieve your goals for the program. Things such as:
- systems & procedures
- training & coaching
- concept creation
- equipment and supplies management
- labor & cost controls
- inventory management
- much, much more.
You Have Two Options:
- Grow your business.
- Make excuses.
Our powerful business programs are about helping you and your business master the fundamentals and create positive, long-term opportunity. No other program(s) offers more value with the immediate impact or greater ROI than ours.
Books, articles and DVD’s can create awareness, but only Coaching can create the level of impacting and sustainable change necessary to grow your business.
Call Us Toll Free 888-998-8744 or Email Us Here to talk about how we can help you build the best business