Why Business Coaching
Success as a Restaurant or Hotel Owner or Operator has never been more challenging, due to increasing competition and higher demands to meet business objectives.
Personal pressures are equally daunting. Long, stress-filled hours at work can strain commitments to family and health.
If you feel a little overwhelmed, you’re not alone. Merely projecting a veneer of confidence isn’t an option. So what can you do?
Despite demanding circumstances some Hospitality professionals achieve outcomes that others don’t, no matter how hard they try. What is their secret?
Two words: Business Coaching.
Top Restaurant & Hospitality business professionals understand and appreciate the value of hiring an experienced and objective guide to reach the next milestone of success – someone to help them make the connection to what matters most to them in the heat of the moment – someone with the skills and experience needed to enhance their own performance.
But despite business Coaching’s proven track record of success, some people resist using a coach themselves. Their resistance or skepticism is often rooted in misconceptions about what business coaching is all about. The most common myths I hear about coaching include:
- Coaching is for people who cant do it alone
- Coaching will make me appear inadequate to my peers or team
- Coaching is a punitive measure for under-performers
- Coaching is too much like counseling
- Coaching is time-consuming
- Coaching is expensive
While these are all valid concerns, this report will reveal that business coaching remains one of the biggest secrets of successful business people. The Return on Investment (ROI) from hiring a coach warrants serious consideration.
Coaching yields average ROI between 500-1,000%
A recent study on the impact of executive coaching concluded the average ROI on coaching was 5.7 times the investment made. That factor alone could result in growth over $100,000.
Key business benefits attributed to coaching in this study included:
- Improved productivity (reported by 53%)
- Enhanced quality (48%)
- Superior business strength (48%)
- Superior guest experiences (39%)
- Reduced guest complaints (34%)
- Increased manager retention (and therefore staff!) among those who received coaching (32%)
- Reduced costs (23%)
Operators also reported intangible improvements in:
- Working relationships with staff (77%)
- Working relationships with colleagues (71%)
- Teamwork (67%)
- Working relationships with peers (63%)
- Job satisfaction (61%)
- Conflict reduction (52%)
- Organizational commitment (44%)
- Guest relationships (37%)
The improvement to business profits as a result of coaching was reported at a whopping 22%. What would a 22% improvement in net profit (not gross sales!) mean to you and your organization this year? That’s the bottom line for many in the event and meeting planning business.
How coaching enhances clarity, capabilities and confidence
A business coach brings three important things to the relationship:
1. Tools. The broad business experience of a coach enables them to bring realistic methods for creating solutions, strategies, and goals. These tools provide just in time learning in a business landscape that changes quickly.
2. Structure. Coaching is a very action-oriented process. Together, both coach and operator uncover the action steps that will move the operator and their business forward towards their goals. But it is the operator who will perform almost all of the steps themselves.
3. Support. Coaching provides you with knowledgeable support and encouragement and a new way of looking at things when you need it.
Imagine a place where unbelievable achievement is the norm. This is where the hearts and minds of most professionals are. Whether you have a specific issue you need to resolve or a goal that seems unattainable, coaching creates a clear connection between where you are today and where you want to be.
Why not invest in the business tool that’s been proven to deliver a dramatic ROI for you, your company, and your personal satisfaction. What’s holding you back? Isn’t it time you found out? Add to that most of our programs are tax deductible + our 100% Effective Guarantee = the most valuable and powerful way to get the outcomes you need and deserve – faster.
5 Key Reasons Operators Invest in Our Coaching Programs
On the surface, Coaching is an intangible business process, and its value can be hard to quantify. However, the seasoned veteran and the open minded employee alike value the outcomes that a well-designed employee Coaching program yields. More than two-thirds of Fortune 500 companies are already using Coaching isn’t it time your business joined them?
Here are the top five reasons businesses hire Coaches
- Sharpen leadership skills of high potential managers and operators (86%)
- Correct management behavior problems (72%)
- Ensure success/decrease failure of newly promoted managers (64%)
- Correct employee relations problems (59%)
- Provide required management and leadership skills necessary to improve performance and outcomes (58%)
Our 3 Most Requested Coaching Areas Have Included:
ACHIEVE GREATER RESULTS IN YOUR BUSINESS THROUGH THE LEADERS OF YOUR BUSINESS
Great leaders get great outcomes; without dynamic leadership, businesses will not grow and succeed.
Give Your Leaders What They Need!
Today’s workforce responds to leadership that follows a Coaching model; gone is yesterday’s top-down managerial hierarchy. Today’s successful leaders work with their teams to provide vision and to set goals, as well as to encourage involvement and accountability.
With SHG you have the opportunity to benchmark this world-class approach to leadership. I will Coach your team in the fundamental leadership philosophies behind some of the greatest and most successful business brands in the world today and they will understand specifically, the principles that need to be at the core of your businesses strength and be able to execute those principles immediately.
We will show them how to;
- Interpret the business vision for your team and communicate that vision in a way that motivates action.
- Examine the culture of those they lead and structure them in a way that maximizes their involvement and performance.
- Employ strategies that will enable your team to take a proactive approach toward change.
- Identify the specific leadership values and behaviors that will contribute to their success as a leader.
- Implement your own action plan so that your vision, goals and leadership development complement one another.
- Use all of the above to drive the businesses success.
Creating the proper culture of leadership in an organization is essential for high employee performance and long-term business success. Leadership skills should be developed internally so that talented employees can be prepared to assume leadership roles in the future.
However, the challenges of building a new leadership training program or improving an existing program can be a daunting task. The biggest challenge for most consultants is that all too often they make their plans without a full understanding of the client organization’s overall business goals and objectives, and what the client ends up with is a “one-size-fits-all” training curriculum or program that is too limited in scope to impact business outcomes in either the short or long term.
Summers Hospitality Group® doesn’t believe in “one-size-fits-all” programs, nor do we engage in creating a program without first taking the time to fully understand your company and its unique needs by:
- Reviewing your organization’s strategic business goals and objectives. This process usually includes extensive interviews with current senior managers, partners or operators.
- Reviewing and analyzing the current culture to determine the strengths to be leveraged and the opportunities for innovation. This part of the process includes extensive interviews and observation with unit level managers, staff and a sampling of your core guest or customer base
- Reviewing and understanding the current and future levels of talent necessary to achieve the company’s strategic goals and objectives. This part is provided by our own extensive knowledge and experience from working with successful companies all over the country for the past 27 years.
- Reviewing the current level of resources and commitment to executing a change process that can innovate through the existing gaps in experience and organizational knowledge and provide the necessary foundation for sustainable long term growth. (Part 1 + Part 2 = Part 4)
Then and only then, do we create the change curriculum and execute the training and coaching programs necessary to overcome those gaps, ensuring that the organization has the necessary and sustainable, high performance culture to achieve its goals and objectives for the long term.
We create the plan, including performance metrics, execute the plan, and conduct the necessary follow-up to tweak or modify the program to account for unforeseen variables either in the program content or individual or team performance.
Who benefits from this program?
- Executive Managers
- Multi-Unit Managers
- Unit Level Managers
These programs can last for as little as one week or they can last for up to a year or more depending on the size and scope of the organization and the change necessary to position the company for sustainable long term success.
The cost of a program of this nature varies based on our level of participation but it is always based on a flat fee once the scope of the engagement and it’s outcomes have been defined and itemized and the goals and objectives have been agreed to by all stakeholders.
COACHING IS THE ULTIMATE POINT OF DIFFERENTIATION
- Looking for a solution to improve the satisfaction and engagement of the employees in your company so that they will work best, produce more and stay longer?
- Tired of paying for training that provides a lot of information but no specific tools and strategies you can implement right away?
- Hoping to find a cutting-edge Coaching model to replace your old ways of working with your staff that have failed to produce the outcomes you need to increase productivity and performance?
- Searching for a program that will provide you and your employees with hands-on experience as well as follow-up strategies to maximize application of the content?
This package is for both:
- Small independent or multi-unit chains (2 or more stores) who need Coaching for their GM’s or other managers – or the management team as a whole to better engage and lead front-line staff, and
- Single unit business where you – the owner – are “hands-off”, but need to supply your management team with real-world solutions, direction, follow-up and support for front-line staff.
Then add a business coaching system designed with your employees in mind which offers the following benefits:
Increased Productivity SHG strives for a 10-fold return on investment (ROI) on Coaching
Improved Job/Employee Fit Many employees need objective and ongoing feedback and Coaching is the perfect model for this. Employees who are part of a career and talent development initiative, including Coaching, have a plan for progressing professionally.
Increased Sales & Profits The Gallup organization has documented that companies whose employees are engaged (well matched to their jobs and enjoying what they do) lead to increases in the most critical bottom-line metrics: sales and profits.
Improved Morale & Engagement Employees who feel valued will perform best, stay longer and contribute more both the business ability to drive top line sales and bottom line profits.
Sustained and Enhanced High Performance Gone are the days when coaches were used only to address performance problems. Now Coaches are used to optimize the high performers by keeping them moving on to new challenges to contribute to the business.
You Have Two Options:
- Grow your business.
- Make excuses.
Our powerful business programs are about helping you and your business master the fundamentals and create positive, long-term opportunity. No other program(s) offers more value with the immediate impact or greater ROI than ours.
Books, articles and DVD’s can create awareness, but only Coaching can create the level of impacting and sustainable change necessary to grow your business.
Call Us Toll Free 888-998-8744 or Email Us Here to talk about how we can help you build a better business